Re: Debian upgrade

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 23:15:48 +0100, Richard (richard.bown@blueyonder.co.uk) wrote:

[snip]

> > I've tried that as you suggested, did an apt-get dist-upgrade
> > it said it wanted a reboot, which I did and now its not talking.
> > Both ping and ssh give no route to host :(
> > Possibly time to read all the documentation and install from scratch, unless there is
> > another way of making it talk to this machine ??

> A Bit more info, Ive checked /var/log and there are no log entries after 1848 tonight.
> It can still be put into "upgrade-mode" by holding the reset in after power down, and
> its ip address is still 192.168.1.77.
> But its not responding to anything over the network, I think I've managed to telnet to 192.168.0.1 9000,
> but cant get any sense out of it.

192.168.1.77 is the factory default IP, isn't it?  So it seems to have
'lost' whatever IP you had put in there.  I really don't know, but
perhaps something in this thread is relevant:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2008/03/msg00112.html

I'm sure that re-installing from scratch is unnecessary, but a re-flash
may be required I suppose (in "upgrade-mode" as you mentioned above).

Good luck anyway.

> HAM Callsign G8JVM : Locator IO82SP

73 de G4AEL ;-)

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.