Re: Debian install on NSLU2 restarts when I copy lots of data

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Sergey Chemishkian <schemish@rii.ricoh.com> wrote:
NSLU2 Linux wiki has an extensive list of options for 3.3V to RS232 or
USB conversion:
Also, check out FOX console board using just a couple of transistors and
diods: http://www.acmesystems.it/?id=106

Sergey, would this work with PCs?  I thought RS232 needed negative and positive voltage swings.  Unless the lines are AC-coupled on the PC, I'm surprised that this would work.

Nice finds already there regarding TTL-to-RS232 conversions.  No need to spend >$20.