Re: LUKS overhead (was Re: encrypted root fs on a slug and crypto-modules)

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
Tobias Frost schrieb:
to throw another number into the round, I got around 2-3 MByte/s on the
new ABI.
BTW: Does someone know a Mini-PCI crypto accelerator card fit for
LUKS/device-mapper? I found some two solutiions the net, but all of them
are very "secret", that is you need probably a NDA to get more infos
like datasheets or in which format the drivers are supplied ... (The best candidate so far would be the NITROX XL NMB Acceleration
Boards, http://www.caviumnetworks.com/acceleration_boards_Mini-PCI.htm)

VPN 1411 from Soekris could in theory help: http://soekris.com/vpn1401.htm

In theory only, because there is no working driver for Linux 2.6 (there are sources for Linux 2.4 and OpenBSD/FreeBSD).

(Slightly) OT, are there any HOWTOs or other general overviews of the crypto-related APIs in the kernel that appear to be getting significant attention the last few releases?

It looks like there's more than an accelerator API there lately, I'm trying to get a sense of the motivations for its use--- as well as how to use it, of course.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com