Re: kernel 2.6.24-1 in lenny, safe to upgrade?

Hi Joachim

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Joachim Beckers
<joachim.beckers@gmail.com> wrote:

>  It's the same issue as the one that popped up in sid's 2.6.24. It
>  seems that the udev fix is not in the lenny kernel or that it fails
>  somehow. I was able to successfully boot by using this trick from
>  kevin price:
>  "For me 2.6.24-2 from today's sid runs fine with the line "ixp4xx-eth"
>  in
>  /etc/modules and an according rule in
>  /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules"

You shouldn't need to do this with the latest kernel in lenny. I've
just tested it and udev loads the ethernet module automatically.
Please send the output from the following commands:

ls -l /boot
cat /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules
udevtest /sys/devices/platform/ixp4xx_eth.16

>  Side note: Now my slug works fine, apart from the front usb-connector
>  leds. they are off, but both connectors have drives attached and
>  mounted correctly...

Sounds like your udev is not happy because nslu2-utils uses udev to
automatically turn the leds on and off when devices are plugged into
the USB ports. Please send can you send the output of

cat /etc/udev/rules.d/z60_nslu2-led.rules

so that I can try to figure out what has gone wrong.

Thanks.

Gordon

--
Gordon Farquharson