Re: Video application

Richard schrieb:
Hi All
Has anyone tried to use a NSLU2 for video streaming, ie connect a web cam to it and use it as a streaming server.
I'd like to be able to video an object exploding , stream the video to another computer, sample at a high rate
and then play it back slowly.

has anyone already done any thing similar ??

I used to experiment with video streaming on ASUS WL-500gP (266 MHz, 32 MB RAM, mipsel arch).

I used vlc for video transcoding and streaming and Philips USB camera.

The device was swapping a bit and was a bit slow.

You say you want high rate to film an exploding object - you may have trouble with that with NSLU2, I guess.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org