Re: Detect serial connection during boot

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:45:26PM +0100, Lars C wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to make an check during boot up that would detect if I have a
> serial connection is connected.
>
> Is this possible to create? could use some *ioctl**(* ()to check the DTR/RTS
>  and could I somehow integrate this with Grub so if a serial connection is
> detected the kernel is started in fail safe mode.

I am sure one could make grub do such things.  Not that grub runs on
arm.

If your system has a boot loader with source code you probably could do
such a thing.  Making the kernel do it seems like the wrong place since
passing different arguments to the kernel in different situations really
sounds like a boot loader job.

--
Len Sorensen