Re: Fwd: Upgrading from arm to armel

BTW, I now found out what "pushed" me into the armel transition (I was
anyway thinking about switching. That only accelerated it.)

I tried to mount a memory stick via fstab using its UUID. This caused
somehow that the box did not come up right.
As I thought the error might be in this direction, I did single-step
trying as I reactivated my homegrown scripts I was working on on
Friday.

This was the offending line (xxxed out for privacy) :
UUID="xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx" /mnt/systemstick ext2
defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1

Uncommenting this line (with the help of d-i), and it worked again.

I will try to do the same using udev, as my plans require to make sure
that the right stick is mounted, as this will hold /var/logs .