Upgrading from arm to armel

I just screwed up the root fs of my Thecus N2100 (well, its technically
not screwed up, I just messed with some startup scripts leading to no
network after booting and I can't find the issue)

However, this would be a nice possibilty to upgrade to armel. The
question is: The data storage is on a seperate partition, using
LuKS, md-RAID1 and reiserfs.
Are there any problems to be expected because of switching to the armel?

(The rootfs contains no important data, however the mentioned partition
should be retained...)

(I heard something that the endianess is different, but I don't know if
thats true, and if I don't know if they fs are sensitive to endianess)

Thanks!

coldtobi