Re: Status of armel in the archive?

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 10:32:55AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> >From a release team point of view, it's quite interesting if armel is
> going to make it into the archive before lenny. It's quality is at least
> matching the current arm port at the moment and after lenny (at the
> latest) we would like to drop the current arm. A release with both
> architectures side by side would be nice for the transition.
>
> Could you please comment on the current status and list outstanding
> issues blocking the inclusion of armel in the archive?

Note that we don't intend to include arm in lenny+1 and would like to
have a clear commitment from the arm/armel pointers to switch to only
armel (no arm anymore) after lenny.

IRC discussion with tbm showed that lenny should include both arm and
armel to give people a chance to switch from a supported arm to a
supported armel as people are still installing arm atm thinking that
arm will be supported on lenny...

Cheers

Luk