Re: Null Dereference with the NSLU2 - NFS, XFS, JFS

Salvatore Iovene wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 12:00:31AM -0800, David Levitan wrote:
I immediately started getting crashes of the XFS modules while accessing the drive using NFS (as well as maybe local access, but I forget). I updated the kernel to 2.6.22-3 but this did little. Upon doing some research, I found the bugs with xfs_repair and decided to switch to JFS. Although JFS seemed slightly more stable, I still had almost instantaneous crashes while using NFS. At this point I decided to switch to ext3 and this seemed to fix the problem at first.
Hi,
check your /var/log/messages for errors on the partitions of the 500GB
disk. I also had an USB disk but had to dismiss it because, I assumed,
of this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/61235

No USB messages before the crash.

Well, at least the NFS part is not related to this. However, I do need to make a correction. I must have remounted wrong when I tried NFS3 last time, but NFS3 does work. NFS4 (using the exact same /etc/exports i.e. no security) crashes with the message I gave before.

I can try creating a JFS partition and seeing if I can get an error message.

Thanks,
David