Re: Filesystems for Debian NSLU2

> Someone suggested using XFS/ReiserFS over ext3.. Some more research found
> Martin saying don't use XFS on ARM
> (http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-XFS-on-NSLU2--td14171563.html).
> Someone else in the same thread suggested JFS would be ok..
>

> Is there going to much gained from changing to JFS/ReiserFS....?

Not used JFS, but used reiserfs on x86 and ARMs for years and never
lost a byte, no matter how roughly I treated them. ext3 is slow,
probably due to being ext2 fs with some extra stuff on top, and it has
happened that the underlying ext2 filesystem gets corrupted badly
enough in a power failure that the journal can't be recovered, which
rather defeats the whole point of it.