Re: getting IP support in redboot for older n2100s

* Jon Dowland <jon+debian-arm@alcopop.org> [2008-01-13 19:17]:
> Is it as simple as just flashing the latest official
> firmware using the steps at
> <http://www.cyrius.com/debian/iop/n2100/deinstall.html>,
> before re-installing Debian?

It should work.  I'm not sure the upgrade process of the Thecus
firmware will complain when the version you're running is not higher
than the one you want to upgrade to, but hopefully it will just let
you do it.

The other option would be to unpack the Thecus firmware (according to
the instructions below) and then write the RedBoot binary directly to
/dev/mtd0

> Has anyone tried this recently?

I haven't used the Thecus firmware recently.  I heard there's a
version v2.1.06 of the firmware now and I wanted to test it, but I can
only find v2.1.05 online.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/