Re: Please reschedule regina-normal/arm build

2008/1/4, Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>:
> Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
> > Ben Burton a écrit :
> >> Thanks for rescheduling another regina-normal/arm build.  Unfortunately
> >> it looks as though it crashed at the same point in the test suite as
> >> last time.
> >>
> >> I did try to reproduce this problem myself -- Martin Guy was good enough
> >> to give me access to a box of his with enough oomph to actually build
> >> the package (which leisner.d.o does not have).  When I built regina-normal
> >> on his machine the test suite ran perfectly.

Hi Ben

Ah, but my box is armel, while leisner is the original ARM port.
We have another instance of a program segfaulting on old-arm and
working on armel, which is believed to be a bug in gcc-4.2's
implementation of alloca().
For that. even old-arm chroot running under EABI kernel works fine -
the bug would only exhibit itself with old-ABI rootfs on old-ABI
kernel.
See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=458745 and the
following comments for details - may be a case of the same thing.