Re: Please reschedule regina-normal/arm build
- To: Ben Burton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Please reschedule regina-normal/arm build
- From: Aurelien Jarno <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:48:31 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 477D825F.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <47670DDD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20071216191108.GA11336@zen.debian.net> <20071216212023.GA21835@hall.aurel32.net> <20071217201017.GA20151@zen.debian.net> <47670DDD.email@example.com>
Aurelien Jarno a écrit :
> Ben Burton a écrit :
>> Hi again,
>> Thanks for rescheduling another regina-normal/arm build. Unfortunately
>> it looks as though it crashed at the same point in the test suite as
>> last time.
> It has been tried on hedges, which is the buildd which has the most RAM
> (with a few others). So if the problem comes from there (which I doubt),
> we won't be able to do better.
>> I did try to reproduce this problem myself -- Martin Guy was good enough
>> to give me access to a box of his with enough oomph to actually build
>> the package (which leisner.d.o does not have). When I built regina-normal
>> on his machine the test suite ran perfectly.
>> My problem at the moment is that AFAICT the arm build is the only thing
>> keeping the new upstream out of lenny. In this case I can see two
>> options (though I'm all ears if someone has another idea):
>> - We find someone who is able to reproduce the crash, and we use their
>> box for diagnosing the problem;
>> - I do a new upload that does not run the test suite when building on arm.
> What about still running the testsuite, but ignoring the errors?
>> Whilst option (2) is a bit head-in-the-sand, it's also the only
>> practical option I can see if nobody can reproduce this crash manually.
> I will try to reproduce the bug here, but my arm machine already have a
> long queue of things to do, so that won't be before the end of the week.
FYI the segfault occurs in:
#0 0x00093414 in NTriangulationTest::setUp ()
I will get a closer look later.
.''`. Aurelien Jarno | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
: :' : Debian developer | Electrical Engineer
`. `' firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
`- people.debian.org/~aurel32 | www.aurel32.net