Re: Slow downloads: NSLU2

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 23:52 +0200, Mikael Rudberg wrote:
> I get approx 5.6 MB/s read and 3.7 MB/S write on my etch-slug with samba
> but i guess it also comes down to the performance of the external drive.

I don't know. I only get about 8 Mb/s when I 'dd' from my slug to the
hard drive directly, while the drive is certainly capable of 30+ Mb/s. I
suspect the reading/writing is costing the slug tons of cpu cycles. I
don't know why, though. I thought dma would solve a lot of that. But
maybe you're seeing much higher transfer rates?

David