Re: installing dpkg

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 05:19:22PM +0900, Inuk You wrote:
> Thanks Len,
>
> But I just wish to not install Debian on new system (partition) but install
> 'apt' on existing one.
> That way seems to implement new debian on empty system (partition). right?
> Anyway, I will try it later.

Don't bother.  apt is no good without a set of packages to work with,
which you won't have for the existing system, and for the debian
packages to work you need to have a consistent set of packages installed
which means the whole base system using debian packages.  Hybrids just
don't work and isn't worth trying.

Either run what it has already, or run only debian.

I can't imagine there is any part of the existing system worth keeping
anyhow. :)

--
Len Sorensen