RE: QNAP TS-109 PRO

Hello

That NAS, as many others, actually most of recent NAS products seems to
be compatible with latest Buffulo/Kuro LinkStationPro Series.

Unfortunately there are no pre-built images available.

I am running Etch/arm and Lenny/armel on few similar boxes without any
problems.

For EABI:
---------
You will need to cross-build kernel for boostrapping, for more info look
here (http://forum.linkstationwiki.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3633)
For userspace you may use
http://armel.applieddata.net/developers/linux/eabi/armel-root-fs.tar.bz2
and dist-upgrade it to:
	deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian unstable main
	deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian unreleased main

For OABI:
---------
You may use Kernel already available on your NAS(It should support OABI
userspace out of the box) and one of the official initrd's for Etch/arm
to initialize installation process. You will have to create manually
/dev folder because udev probably won't work with kernel you have. Also
you must disable hwclock in init.d. And few other things, I've done that
few months ago and can't recall exact steps I've took :-(.
Anyways I would recommend to start with EABI distribution.

I think you will have RS232 access for configuring bootloader and Linux
machine with NFS/TFTP for bootstrapping.

You may use information available here:
Eugene