Re: QNAP TS-109 PRO

Peter Naulls wrote:
In message <[🔎] 46D3290D.60601@iced.se>
          Mikael Rudberg <mikael@iced.se> wrote:

"The board's components are oriented toward the aluminum case. No
heatsinks are used on the Marvell 88F5182 Orion processor that is the core of the design.A Marvell 88E1111 gigabit Ethernet transceiver, 128 MB of RAM and 8 MB of flash complete the design. Power consumption is spec'd by Qnap as 14W active, 7 W sleep."

As i understand it Marvell 88F5182 Orion is ARM compliant ? I tried to search the net to see if anyone had installed debian-arm on it but i couldn't find anything.

Yes, has support in very latest kernels.  These parts are used a good
deal in recent wireless routers.  It's essentially an ARMv5ed ARM9,
AFAICT.

So if anyone has any info on the debian and this device please let me know

Debian will be just fine, assuming enough storage.

Any suggestions on how I should accomplish that a guess there is no installer support for so i wonder how you would get a new kernel in QNAP

Sorry for being a noob :)

/Mikael