Re: QNAP TS-109 PRO

In message <[🔎] 46D3290D.60601@iced.se>
          Mikael Rudberg <mikael@iced.se> wrote:

> "The board's components are oriented toward the aluminum case. No
> heatsinks are used on the Marvell 88F5182 Orion processor that is the
> core of the design.A Marvell 88E1111 gigabit Ethernet transceiver, 128
> MB of RAM and 8 MB of flash complete the design. Power consumption is
> spec'd by Qnap as 14W active, 7 W sleep."
>
> As i understand it Marvell 88F5182 Orion is ARM compliant ? I tried to
> search the net to see if anyone had installed debian-arm  on it but i
> couldn't find anything.

Yes, has support in very latest kernels.  These parts are used a good
deal in recent wireless routers.  It's essentially an ARMv5ed ARM9,
AFAICT.

> So if anyone has any info on the debian and this device please let me know

Debian will be just fine, assuming enough storage.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS Community Wiki - add your own content   | http://www.riscos.info/