Re: Initramfs-tools (base-package) problem installing on nslu2

On 8/6/07, Adam Cripps <kabads@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having problems installing this during the
> base-install on to my nslu2.
>
> I'm using a USB 500Gb hard drive with 1Gb (I know it's big) devoted to swap.
>
> I upgraded the file debian-4.0r0.zip
> successfully, and rebooted and logged-on with SSH into the installer.
>
> I get an error about not installing initramfs-tools - I tried the
> other package (beginning with a y) but that failed too.
>
> /var/log/syslog is showing:
>
> Aug  5 21:41:30 main-menu[4461]: INFO: Menu item 'base-installer' selected
> Aug  5 21:41:32 main-menu[4461]: INFO: Menu item 'base-installer'
> succeeded but requested to be left unconfigured.
> Aug  5 21:41:32 main-menu[4461]: DEBUG: resolver (ext2-modules):
> package doesn't exist (ignored)
>
> I've tried changing the install mirror but I get the same problem.
>
> Any advice on how to progress this?

Fixed this through partly reading the mailing list archive - I entered
the shell and edited /etc/resolv.conf and replaced my router's
192.168.1.1 entry with my ISP's DNS server ip addresses and it passed
the initramfs-tools install.

Thanks guys for your work on this project.

Adam
--
http://www.monkeez.org
PGP key: 0x7111B833