Re: Is armel project alive?

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:29:13PM +0400, Sergey Smirnov wrote:
> I don't see any progress with this project.
> Still there is no browser except dillo. No new packages.

There is probably some porting work to be done, before you can get
to xulrunner and the firefox/iceweasel etc. But the project is
going on, not just on armel-debs site. The new packages are arriving:

deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/ sid main
deb http://ftp.gnuab.org/debian/ unreleased main

where "sid" is unmodified packages from, well, sid. unreleased
is includes packages patched for armel (currently attr and apt -
do not fail to install those instead of sid version!)

gnuab repository does not hold binary-all packages, for those
you need a a repository from a mirror close to you.

deb http://ftp.fi.debian.org/debian dists/unstable/main/binary-arm/

Finally, you will want the original armel port repo.

deb http://armel-debs.applieddata.net/debian/ sid main

Notice it will take a few weeks until gnuab repository will catch up
sid, until then it's going to be quite rough ride.

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups