Re: more than two hard drives runnig under debian

Hi Gordon

Yeah i was reading tat post last night so will go get a hub and give
it a go see how i get on and post the results, gonna look for an old
slug on ebay as my soldering hand is twitching and want to give that
way a go

thaks

John

On 24/04/07, Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John

On 4/24/07, John Fieldsend <jfieldsend@gmail.com> wrote:
> nice idea like that but already have 4 usb drives so want to try and

The hub should work (I think), but you'll probably need to change your
fstab to mount the drives by UUID as opposed to by device name because
the drive device assignment will not necessarily be consistent from
boot to boot [1].

Gordon

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-arm/2007/04/msg00043.html

--
Gordon Farquharson

--
John the Baptist, 3rd, 4th maybe 5th anyway the baptist all the same :-)

or

FieJo Hashe - Jedi Knight and Friend