armel /lib/libpam.so.0: no version information available

Hi all!

I have just switched from etch to applied data's armel port on my NSLU2, which
is working almost well. Especially the FP performance was boosted, for instance
in imagemagick.

Now I am experiencing an error I cannot explain. Can anyone give me a hint on
this: Whenever I start samba with smdb im daemon mode, I get the output

Starting Samba daemons: nmbd smbd/usr/sbin/smbd: /lib/libpam.so.0: no version
information available (required by /usr/sbin/smbd)
.

I also saw the message about libpam.so.0 at some other place I currently cannot
remember. Whenever I run smbd from inetd, smbclient reports connection timeouts:

smbclient -L LKG65DB3D -I 192.168.0.77
session request to LKG65DB3D failed (Call timed out: server did not respond
after 20000 milliseconds)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Call timed out: server did not respond
after 20000 milliseconds)

when I try to connect by telnet, the reason for this is obviously the same as above

telnet localhost 139
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
smbd: /lib/libpam.so.0: no version information available (required by smbd)

My libpam0g version is 0.79-4. I have checked and found that my version of samba
3.0.23d-2 requires libpam0g >= 0.76. Also ldconfig did not solve this. Just
before I go the next step and recompile samba on the slug: Does anyone have
another idea about this? Is anyone else using samba / armel?

cheers

Kevin

--
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=214656