Re: Softfloat on ARM?

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 10:10, Rod Whitby wrote:
> Laz wrote:
> > I'll try to swap over the rootfs properly at some point. Is there any
> > way of telling the kernel what to use as the root partition? I'm used
> > to being able to set it with grub!
>
> At the moment, You'll need to solder on the four pins for a serial
> console, and set the cmdline in Apex.

I thought I might be into that...started doing that but then managed to
get the debian installer to work on it so didn't need to in the end.

I think I'll go down the line of swapping root filesystems from another
PC!

> Adventurous souls can install a new version of Apex which supports a
> writable environment, and then write the new cmdline from userspace
> (Phil Endecott wrote a client for doing this).

Ooooo...might look into that, too.

So far, it looks like everything except 4 of the packages installed on my
Slug are in the armel port so I should be able to swap over "properly".
(Just about to check out those 4 missing ones.)

Cheers,

Laz