Re: Upgrading Debian (debian-installer beta 2) to a modern kernel

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> What exactly did not work?  d-i didn't work so you used DebianSlug
> instead?

Indeed. There was an issue with the released d-i image and the packages
on the mirrors if I recall it correctly.

> Yeah, in that case you should be able to follow the same instructions
> and will merely blow your rescue system in flash away.  The emphasis
> is on "should" since I've never used DebianSlug but I'm pretty
> confident it will work.

Be sure to create `/etc/kernel-img.conf' if it does not exist (which is
the default if installed from DebianSlug), even if there is only a
single line in there after the edit. (By the way: Martin, there is a
superfluous quotation mark in your instructions at `do_initrd'.)

The LEDs look funny on the first reboot, but your instructions work just
fine. Thank you for your efforts Martin!

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern