Re: Upgrading Debian (debian-installer beta 2) to a modern kernel

* Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> [2006-10-31 12:29]:
> Which did not work when I installed my box. So, couldn't I just follow
> the same procedure? (Apart from the fact that it will probably wipe my
> rescue system in flash.)
>
> I didn't see what exactly in the instructions is di-specific... I just
> don't have any kernel installed yet.

What exactly did not work?  d-i didn't work so you used DebianSlug
instead?

Yeah, in that case you should be able to follow the same instructions
and will merely blow your rescue system in flash away.  The emphasis
is on "should" since I've never used DebianSlug but I'm pretty
confident it will work.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/