Re: Wesnoth FTBFS on ARM (g++ crash)

Isaac Clerencia wrote:

On Wednesday, 18 October 2006 17:59, Wookey wrote:
On 2006-10-18 09:47 +0200, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
Hi, g++ 4.1 is crashing when trying to build Wesnoth on ARM:
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=wesnoth;ver=1.1.11-1;arch=arm;stam
p=1160020638

I'm trying to find the problem in leisner, but I would need wesnoth build
depends installed in the sid chroot.
OK, I have now done that.
Thank you.

As Martin predicted, the build was ok there (60 minutes for just one file, wow!), probably the buildd run out of RAM or something.

Leisner is configured to swap (via nbd) if needed. So an OOM shouldn't be fatal, just time-consuming. :)

There are platforms available with more RAM, like the Thecus n2100. I'm willing to host one at the same facility, but the purchase price isn't within my budget right now. Donations welcome. :)

(Not saying I can't afford to spend _anything_, just not the whole amount. Especially after spending on the colo and leisner).

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com