Re: Discussion regarding addition of Apex as a second stage bootloader.

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> [2006-09-08 18:48]:
>> I'm not sure I understand the nature of the hurdle.  AFAIK, there is
>> no technical hurdle to using the scripts as they were last proffered.
>> To be more clear, the slugimage script and APEX as we last tested were
>> compatible and functional.
>
> Yes, the method we initially agreed upon (Kernel1/Kernel2 plus Kernel)
> is working and I have patches for it.
>
>> We agreed that there is another way to lay things out that would be
>> more agreeable, but that doesn't have to be a requirement for an
>> initial release.
>
> Changing the layout again is certainly something I'd like to avoid.
> So we need to agree whether we want to go for Kernel1/Kernel2 plus
> Kernel (for which patches exist) or for Kernel only (for which
> someone, but not me, will have to develop patches).

So lets go for what is working now, with the knowledge that when someone
 (i.e. me) gets some time we might move to the simpler arrangement.

Just put the single kernel partition first, with the kernel1/kernel2
after it (I think that's how it is already).

-- Rod