Re: 2.6.16-rc3 + Xorg 6.9.0 - works for me...

Ralph Siemsen wrote:
Russell King wrote:

And under 2.6, does clearing this burst bit solve your problem?

Yes, I have confirmed this behaviour. Clearing the burst flag makes the 2010 work for me. I tried all other sorts of changes, like going back to the "OLD_PLL" code and similar, but none had any effect, except for the burst flag.

RMK, its worth noting that "2.4" in the previous conversation was referring to 2.4.19-rmk7, so that may explain why it was working there.

So is it a 2010 bug?  Seems unlikely...

-R

PS. I am still seeing X crash after a few hours running x11perf, now with both 2.4 and 2.6 framebuffers. Its easily reproduced, but without any debugging symbols in the X binary, I'm not sure how useful a gdb backtrace would be...

My Netwinder gateway (Cyber 2000) running 2.6.11 and old Debian 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1 XFree is uptime'd for months...
With CPU usage sometimes very heavy....

Did not try the same on new X7.0.

OTOH, x11perf may be more demanding then plain usage...

Woody