Re: New kernel on NSLU-2 - little endian - how??

* Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> [2006-02-18 09:37]:
> That's what I thought: can't find the "unofficial" firmware with
> ixp400 drivers for the ethernet - the link from cyrius.com goes nowhere.

It's going to show up in a few days.

> I've got a system running Debian with ext3 as first partition and
> everything:) How do I flash the firmware including ixp400 ethernet to
> the slug flash?

Isn't that describe on the page I mentioned?  If it's not clear,
please let me know how I can make it clearer. (And, btw, I'm looking
for a native speaker of English to proofread this page.)

Wait a few days for the image to turn up at slug-firmware.net, then
install upslug2, put your NSLU2 in upgrade mode (see
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/#upgrade-mode) and run:
    sudo upslug2 -i debian-sda1.bin

> > RiscPC?
> Yes: I know nothing about RiscOS so I've hardly even been able to get
> to boot d-i :)

There seems to be some interest in this platform and Wookey said he
can lend me some hardware.  If I find some time for this during March,
I'll take a look.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/