Re: debian-installer support for ARM

Hi Martin,

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 20:46:59 -0000, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:

RiscPC is in a similar situation.  While it has 2.6 images, there's
only incomplete and completely untested debian-installer support.  I
just emailed the only two people I could find who expressed interest
in Debian on RiscPC over the last two years, and we'll see if they
want to help me get debian-installer working.  Is there anyone else
who uses Debian on RiscPC or Riscstation?

I'm not, but I like to, on both machines.
Currently I'm stuck:
 - with my RiscPC
I do have some kernels lying around, but I can't find an install disk for kernel 2.4.26, and newer kernels (2.4.27) end up with a 'kernel panic - attempt to kill init!' which I can't resolve. Seems that I can install a kernel 2.4.19 without too much problems, but that doesn't support my network card (an EtherB).

- with my Riscstation:
It seems to hang after booting from initrd and starting init. Keypresses are echoed to the screen, but that's it.

I'm using Peter Naulls' LinLoader 0.40 as a bootloader on both machines.
Any help is appreciated!

I can help in testing on both machines.
I have already some experience setting up an i386-based system, but am stuck with a lack of information on how to startup things on my RISC OS machines.

I live in the Netherlands and know some people who are trying to setup Debian on their RiscPC's, but they too find it difficult to setup due to a lack of information.

Simon.