Re: debian-installer support for ARM

> * Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> [2006-02-03 00:43]:
> > However, the only d-i needing device that particularry comes to my
> > mind is the peplink.

Martin Michlmayr:
> Does anyone have one of these?

I've got a couple, as do several other people who're on this list.
The usual final configuration is to have the kernel and initrd
located in the onboard flash, leaving the rootfs on USB storage.

I think the neatest solution for d-i is to make the matching
default kernel and d-i-initrd files available for download,
so that the user burns them into the onboard flash and boots.
>From then on, d-i can partition and install to the USB drive
in the usual way and the only magic is remembering to copy
the new initrd from /boot in the rootfs into the onboard flash.

Alex.

PS.  I gather that, in the medium term, the hardware vendor is hoping
to change the bootloader so that the onboard flash can be jffs2 and
mounted as /boot ... thereby eliminating the need for magic as above.