Re: debian-installer support for ARM

* Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi> [2006-02-03 00:43]:
> > CATS (should work, cannot test due to lack of hw)
>
> I can test this.

Great!  I'll send you a number of questions off-line so we can get
support in shape.

> last time I tested it (sarge), the problem was
> a) lack of instructions what to do in bootloader

That's something I'm aware about.  Can be fixed with some information.

> b) framebuffer getting messed up.

Did you try VGA emulation?  Which PCI card did you use?

> I think we should try to find devices that are widely available at
> affordable prices

I agree.  There are a number of NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices
coming out that will be interesting targets.  They're basically a hard
drive plus a CPU/memory, sometimes also with wireless.

> However, the only d-i needing device that particularry comes to my
> mind is the peplink.

Does anyone have one of these?
--
Martin Michlmayr