why are xlibmesa-gl deps different on arm etc. from i386?

I have been investing the egoboo build failure:
http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=egoboo&a=arm

reported as bug#332734 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=332734

It fails on all archs apart from i386 because on i386 xlibmesa-gl depends on
libxxf86vm1 but on the other arches it doesn't (only checked on arm, but
they exhibit the same problem).

My question (primarily to the X people) is: "Is this right, or should the
dependencies be the same on all arches?"

I thought I'd ask here before filing a bug as I can't understand the x build
system and have no idea what these parts do.

Does egoboo need an explicit dependency on libxxf86vm1 or does xlibmesa-gl
need it's non-i386 dependencies fixing?

thanx

Wookey