Re: netwinder floating point

Am Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2005 17:45 schrieb Jim Buttafuoco:
> All,
>
> Does anyone know why the netwinder 2.4.27 kernel is compiled with the
> CONFIG_FPE_FASTFPE=y instead of CONFIG_FPE_NWFPE (like 2.4.25 was)?  I was
> having problems (sqrt) with the 2.4.27 kernel that don't happen with the
> 2.4.25 kernel.

It is probably compiled with FastFPE because it is noticably faster (for
instance with apt and dselect) and there were no known bugs anymore. Would
you please consider reporting what kind of problem you have with sqrt and
FastFPE? Without useful error reports, errors will just persist.

Thanks,
Peter Teichmann