Re: XFree86 4.3 Working for ARM?

In message <[🔎] 200412172114.34872.lists@peter-teichmann.de>
          Peter Teichmann <lists@peter-teichmann.de> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 17. Dezember 2004 19:30 schrieb Bahadir Balban:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have checked debian packages but neither stable, testing nor
> > unstable section has XFree86 4.3 available as prebuilt for ARM.
>
> That's not true. It is at least in unstable, version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8, which is
> not the latest. But it is there.

Indeed, Wookey and I fixed these some months ago: although there are
still certainly ARM specific bugs in some of the drivers, framebuffer
certainly works.

> > xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O

> > and this doesn't seem to be an ARM related action.

Yes, it's not a helpful thing to do on ARM.  It's one of the things that
was fixed.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
Please Reply Properly - http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html