Re: Wesnoth failed in ARM (inactivity)

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:05:57PM +0100, Ralph Siemsen wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:43:40PM +0200, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> > Build killed with signal 15 after 500 minutes of inactivity
> >
> > Can you re-buildd it with a greater inactivity limit?
>
> 500 minutes == 8 hours... surely the answer is not to increase the limit?
> Even glibc can be built faster that that!

Sure, you can bug g++ developers until they get a decent C++ compiler.

It takes about 30 minutes to build Wesnoth in my computer, about 4 hours
in a 400 MHZ one, ... surely it can take 500 minutes to compile
game.cpp, one of the biggest files in wesnoth, in some ARM buildds

Maybe I can add some #warnings to avoid the inactivity ;)

BTW, Visual C++ 6 shit takes only 3 minutes to build Wesnoth in a
computer like mine, g++ really needs to improve in compilation speed.