Booting on Simtec EB110ATX (cats)

Hi all,

I've installed Debian 3.0.24 on a hard drive on a Simtec EB110ATX board

(using the ABLE bootloader). Installation went fine, but I get a kernel

panic due to failing to read the superblock. I partitioned the HD while

installing and I made sure the Linux partition was set as bootable.

I found a tip somewhere that the vmlinuz link that points to the actual

kernel in boot/ should be replaced with the kernel itself because the

bootloader can't follow links. I tried that but it still won't work.

I use the following command to boot from the HD:

boot (hd0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1

Thanks a lot,

Mahmoud Al Gammal