Re: a small C program to test xdm's /dev/mem reading on your architecture

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 10:23:06AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> matthew green wrote:
> > bad ideas often hang around for a long time.  the only surprising
> > thing to me is how long this one has taken to surface...
>
> Perhaps Branden is gathering information about what a bad idea this
> really is, to show upstream the error of their ways.

Well, I hadn't reached that conclusion a priori.

> I can't believe he actually intends to keep it like this..

I'm going to #define DEV_RANDOM /dev/random for Linux systems.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    stuff in main that is