Re: notes on riscpc install

On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 17:05, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> That said, you can tell it to use DRAM for the framebuffer at boot time
> with something like:
>
>   video=acorn:dram:1200K
>
> Note that DRAM mode isn't well tested by myself, but I believe it to be
> working.

Well, that certainly allows "fbset -depth 32" to run without error.  But
unfortunately the screen doesn't display properly in that mode (nor now
in 16bpp, which used to work at the text console even though not in X).
The image is very unstable, and shows just a small part of the screen,
vastly magnified.

I also tried 4, 2, and 1bpp while I was about it.  1bpp still has the
old mirror-image problem and displays text in blue; 2bpp displays text
in turquoise but seems OK otherwise, and 4bpp appears to work fine.

> Ok, this should fix the ptrace bug - please test and let me know.
> (I've not tested it myself).

That didn't seem to make any difference.

p.