Re: What's the status on Xfree86 4.1.0?

>patches have been up (and used) from my website. just trying to get the time
>to finish of 2.2.19, and sort problems with 7500 mouse support.

I think the 2.4 kernels already have support for the mouse on the 7500.  You
can probably copy the code verbatim.

>no, for a start there is no pc-style hard-disc, so I disable that from
>working on the riscstation, the rtc is different, there is an ISA slot[1]
>and other miscellaneous bits. It is registered as an arch in it's own
>right

By "an arch in its own right", do you just mean it has its own MACH_TYPE
number, or that it's a completely separate configuration?  In other words, can
you compile a single kernel with support for both RiscPC and riscstation and
select between them at run time (as you can for EBSA-285/CATS/NetWinder) or do
you have to have separate binaries?

>I'll be working for Simtec as of november, so will have some real time to
>dedicate to kernel work, like sorting a 2.4 release, etc.

Excellent.

p.