Re: Bug #107311 (xdm: crashes on arm and ia64 architectures on remote XDMCP connection)

On Fri 24 Aug, Philip Blundell wrote:
> > Basically the essence of the bug is that on my potato RiscPC connecting
> >to xdm causes xdm to crash (more diagnostics available in the report).  I
> >was wondering if anyone either (a) has a woody version of this installed
> >(if it works on all woody then the bug can be ignored from an arm point of
> >view I guess) or has gdm installed on an arm system (I'm told that the
> >core code in gdm decends from the xdm code).  If both xdm and gdm in woody
> >have this bug then it might even be a good idea to reassign the bug to
> >both, and make it release critical.

> I don't think we have an up to date xdm in woody right now.

> I certainly used to be able to run gdm successfully on my netwinder under
> potato, though I haven't tried it recently.  Is this a new bug, or has it
> always been there for you?

I don't think xdm has ever worked on a Risc-PC (since at least 2.2r0 when I
first started using this stuff). I forget what went wrong - it propably just
hung or segfaulted. gdm did work however. I haven't checked recent status.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679