ARM 710a install: update

After following Philip Blundell's advice in downloading new versions of
the installer, I managed to get a system up and running.  Unfortunately,
the boot sequence seems broken (I get 'grep: Regular Expression too big'
all over the place - testing grep independently confirms that it doesn't
work properly).  Also, apt-get segfaults when I try to run it.

This install works properly on a colleague's StrongARM RISC PC, so it
seems various binaries which work fine on the StrongARM break on an
ARM7.  I don't suppose there are ARM7 versions available?  (I'm presuming
some Debian development takes place on x86 boxes running
cross-compilers.  There are, I believe, flags you can pass to gcc-arm to
force the compiler to plant code suitable for earlier processors).

Any thoughts and comments welcome.

Cheers,

Jon