Re: dpkg 1.8.3.1 broken on ARM710

>someone keeps building broken versions of dpkg. It is really immensely
>entertaining to have my machine completely messed up every couple of
>weeks, so WHO IS BUILDING THOSE PACKAGES???
>
>Wichert says he's not doing it himself. The autobuilders are OK, I've
>just successfully built dpkg 1.9.16 on medusa.

1.8.3.1 was built on europa back in January.  1.8.1, 1.8.2 and 1.8.3 were
all built on that machine as well.  Of more recent versions:

1.9.10, 1.9.11 were built on europa
1.9.12, 1.9.15 were built on medusa
1.9.16 was built on pig

(There were no 1.9.13 or 1.9.14 versions as far as I can tell.)

>Strange enough, the breakage seems to be restricted to my machine -
>but maybe I'm the only one using an ARM710?

Nobody else has complained, and it certainly works for me.  Without
understanding a bit more about what's going wrong it's hard to say what one
needs to do to prevent it from happening.

p.