dpkg 1.8.3.1 broken on ARM710

Hello,

someone keeps building broken versions of dpkg. It is really immensely
entertaining to have my machine completely messed up every couple of
weeks, so WHO IS BUILDING THOSE PACKAGES???

Wichert says he's not doing it himself. The autobuilders are OK, I've
just successfully built dpkg 1.9.16 on medusa.

I have similar problems with findutils 4.1.6-2 ("find" in any dir
outputs ".^@" as first line, i.e. "dot, zero byte") and sed 3.02-6
(substitutes binary garbage in first line).

Strange enough, the breakage seems to be restricted to my machine -
but maybe I'm the only one using an ARM710?

  Richard

--
  __   _
  ¯ ´` ¯