Re: portmap segfaulting, debian unbootable

>I just upgraded sid yesterday, and tried to reboot this morning, but
>portmap is segfaulting, and the machine doesn't seem to timeout while
>trying to mount remote filesystems.
>
>The portmap package seems pretty old, but I think its March 18-19 build
>date was after the gmon_start stuff was fixed...

Yeah, this is the gmon_start problem.  I think there was some backsliding in
that department on one of the autobuilders, so a few packages are blighted
even though they were built after the problem was notionally fixed.

I keep meaning to build a new version but haven't got around to it yet.

On my machine, you seem to be able to use Ctrl-\ to interrupt the stuck mount
process and then continue booting normally.  The filesystem does apparently
end up mounted.  Or, I guess, it will time out eventually if you just leave it.

p.