Re: updated ARM hall of shame

In message <9b65a26a4a%peter@erble.freeserve.co.uk>
          Peter Naulls <peter@erble.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <E14o5Sx-0003iA-00@kings-cross.london.uk.eu.org>
>           Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> > >Is the joystick package suffering a similar problem? (can't find
> > >joystick_arm)
> >
> > No, the problem there is something else - this is actually the same as
> > adjtimex, which I mentioned a moment ago.  It's been marked i386-only in
> > Packages-arch-specific so quinn-diff isn't including it in the list of
> > packages that need rebuilding - but an older version exists in the archive, so
> > the testing scripts think it's out of date.  Depending on whether it actually
> > works on ARM or not, it needs to either be completely removed from the
> > archive, or Packages-arch-specific needs updating to admit it on arm.
>
> Ah - this is related to the problem with xshipwars.  Apart from some
> issues with unsigned char which I'll submit a patch for, it's trying to
> build against a newer version (but apparently doesn't supply a suitable
> dependency).

Futher:

joystick certainly build fine here - of course, it's not going to "work"
as my NetWinder isn't going to have a Joystick attached any time soon.

But it's certainly possible that you could have an analog joystick
attached to a RiscPC (via an anlogue port and adapter, which I've done
under RISC OS, or even via a // port), plus I'm sure other machines are
able to have them attached, so the comment in that file "Only PCs have
analog joysticks" is a bit odd.

hth, Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter@erble.freeserve.co.uk -  http://chocky.mine.nu/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM - http://www.java.riscos.org.uk/