Re: Small syntax error in postgresql 7.0.3 for arm

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I used your diff, and it built fine, but dh_perl didn't generate a
> perl:Depends line in libpgperl.substvars so that package failed to
> build.  Which is okay for me, as I just needed postgresql-dev as a
> build-dep for something else...  But could postgresql perhaps need
> another Build-Depends?  Or could this be a debhelper bug?
I experienced the exact same thing, but didn't chase it too far for the
same reason.  (In my case I wanted the postgresql-client, postgresql and
libpgsql-2.1 packages as well as the -dev.)

I tested this on i386 for consistancy and it fails the same way.

dh_gencontrol -a
dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown substitution variable ${perl:Depends}

The little investigating I've done leads me to believe that it's a
debhelper error.  It could also be the way the dh_ scripts are being
called, but I doubt it.  I'll send the debhelper maintainer a bug report.

As a side note, I spoke with the package maintainer (Oliver Elphick) and
he said that he wouldn't be making another release of 7.0.3 as 7.1 is due
out in a couple of weeks.  He also said that this bug is was fixed in
7.1rc4 (the upstream version).

> Anyway, thanks.
>
> -Adam P.

No problem.