ARM port rearrangements

Hello people,

Due to the untimely demise of Chris Rutter we are now short of an ARM port
leader, and need to do things about the ARM infrastrucutre in the reasonably
short term.

Fortunately the distributed nature of Debian is resistant to this sort of
disaster so things are basically still working fine. As, in practice, Phil
Blundell has been doing a great deal of the work recently then I suggest that
unless he disagrees violently, or someone else is keen to get the title, that
he becomes de facto leader. (This makes no practical difference except that I
update the ARM port page to this effect shortly and we all have to buy him
beer if we meet in the flesh.)

Sorting out the build machines is slightly more complicated. Currently the
machines medusa (a RiscPC, owned by chris) and inkvine (an x86 box, owned by
the school) do most of the work. These boxes are both located at Winchester
college (chris's old school) and got bandwidth for free. Ths arrangement was
becoming increasingly tenuous anyway but now clearly ceases to be pratical.
It's not in immediate danger of closure, but at some point we need to run
this stuff on machines we have some control over.

So, we are now casting about for resources to keep things going smoothly.
Anyone want to offer bandwidth/co-location space, hardware etc? Essentially
transferring the existing setup to new hosts is the path of least resistance.
If we find out what's available we can work out how best to proceed. I
suspect hardware isn't a problem - we need bandwidth and a keen
webmaster/maintainer would be handy too.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679