Re: Kernel problem under debian

In message <E13gYaw-0006p3-00@kings-cross.london.uk.eu.org>
          Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> wrote:

> >was stable. But after updating to Debian 2.2 the kernel refuses to run. It
> >does uncompress and then hangs. So I recompiled a new kernel (crosscompiled
>
> A hang at this stage can't be directly related to the userspace distribution
> you've installed - none of that code is running at the point when it stops.
>
> >Is there anyone who has it a 2.4.0 kernel running under Debian.
>
> Yes, though not actually on a RiscPC.

On a RiscPC yes - for quite some time; although I had to revert because
of problems in the loopback driver which manifest during building boot
floppies.

I suggest posting your logs as Nicholas Clark suggested - although
possibly cutting the cross post to just linux-kernel.

Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter@erble.freeserve.co.uk
 Homepage - http://free.prohosting.com/~chocky/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM - http://free.prohosting.com/~chocky/java/